This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More.
|1||PUREWAVE CM-07 Dual-Motor Percussion plus Vibration Massager||1.75 pounds|
|2||Renpho Rechargeable Handheld Deep Tissue Massager||1.8 pounds|
|3||Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Electric Massager||3.0 pounds|
|4||HoMedics Percussion Action Massager||2.5 pounds|
|5||TheraRub Massager Percussion Double Head Electric Massager||2.3 pounds|
Neck and back pain often affect our daily lives.
It can affect our focus, relationships, work productivity, and overall quality of life. Handheld neck and back massagers are ideal for reducing neck and back pain, which results in improving our lives.
However, there are things you need to know about handheld back and neck massagers before you choose one.
The Best Handheld Back and Neck Massagers
If you suffer from neck and back pain, you know how challenging it is to find relief.
Another challenge you face is reading product reviews, and in this case, finding the best handheld massagers for relieving pain.
These reviews of the top handheld massagers will help you choose wisely.
PUREWAVE makes this CM-07 cordless handheld massager that features attachments designed for specific areas of the body like the face, scalp, neck, back, legs, and feet. It is suitable for deep tissue massage, pain management, skin rejuvenation, tense muscle relief, faster recovery, and soothing micro-vibration.
- Six-head attachment, the ideal option for the back, thigh, waist, deep tissue, and for sports massage
- Body massage oil stick will allow you to apply oils and pain-relief gels
- Air-cushion stick that is made from silicone for a soft, cushioned massage for a wide range of applications
- Facial massage stick conveniently built into the handle and allows you to apply facial creams, gels, and serums for skin rejuvenation
- Point stick is perfect for targeted massage useful for tense muscles, reflexology, and acupressure.
- Scalp massage stick, which creates a soothing head massage.
Are you looking for a powerful cordless percussion massager? The Renpho cordless percussion massager features a powerful motor (3600 pulses per minute), providing you with an efficient deep tissue massage. Its built-in, rechargeable battery makes it portable so you can take it anywhere for back and neck pain relief. This design is suitable for use on the neck, shoulder, back, lumbar, leg, and feet.
- Hard plastic round and one point heads break up muscle knots, speed up muscle recovery, and are ideal for deep tissue massage on the shoulders, back, low back, and the soles of feet
- Hard plastic curved heads are good for pain relief on the arms, calves, and thighs
- Rubber-coated 3-point heads provide a soft massage for minor aches and pains and are ideal for the joints, shoulder blades, ankles, knees, and the cervical vertebra
- Rubber-coated 3-intensive heads are suitable for larger areas that require a soft massage that loosens tight muscles and eliminate fatigue
For people who want to have control of their massage intensity, the Wahl deep tissue percussion therapeutic handheld electric massager is designed to relieve tension and pain from your neck, upper back, lower back, and legs.
It has a powerful motor that provides 3350 pulses per minute for muscle pain and fatigue relief.
- Round deep muscle massage head, which creates an overall massage ideal for the whole body
- Four-finger flex massage head that softly massages your neck with its finger-like nodes to mimic the feeling of real human fingers
- Accupoint massage head used for targeted deep tissue massage for pinpointing where you have the most tension
- Flat disc massage head is ideal for large surface deep muscle massage for the back
4. HoMedics Percussion Action Massager with Heat – Corded
HoMedics, a well-known brand name, offer this Percussion Action Massager with 2 sets of dual-pivoting nodes designed for relaxation. The heat function is great after a long, stressful day. It offers a professional-feeling massage from the comfort of your home.
- 2 soft nodes, which are dark gray nodes that promote gentle massage
- 2 hard nodes are the light gray nodes, resulting in deep massage
- No nodes attached means the exposed, red heat nodes, ideal for heated massage
If you’re looking for a corded percussion massage, the TheraRub Percussion Massager is an affordable option if you want a deep massage.
While it does have a slide speed control switch on the handle, the lowest setting is still too strong for post-surgery recovery.
It comes with three sets of massage heads for various purposes and it features a long cord.
- Smooth round head, which is suitable for sore muscles and around joints and feet
- Acupuncture head that stimulates the meridians and acupuncture points
- Deep Shiatsu head results in deep tissue, sports massage, and firm massage on the waist, thighs, back, leg, and neck
What should you look for in a handheld massager?
- Quality – Is it made from solid and reliable materials and parts and will it last?
- Value/Price – Value is a balance of quality, usability, functionality, and price. Will this massager provide me with the functions I need to relieve my back or neck pain and will it be reliable?
- Features – Does it have heat? Does it pulse, vibrate, and other massage functions I need? Does it provide me with control over the power of the vibration or pulsation?
- Corded or Cordless – Do you prefer your massager to be plugged in for use, or be cordless for better mobility and portability?
- User Reviews – How many people liked it? How many stars does it have? How many people had problems with it?
What are the benefits of handheld massagers?
The goal of a handheld back and neck massager is to focus the proper amount of vibration or pulsation to the sore and tight muscles that need relief. While pain reduction is the main purpose for using a handheld neck and back massager, there are also other benefits like these.
- Enhanced Circulation
- Pain Relief
- Improved Immune Function
- Stress Reduction
- Anxiety Relief
These handheld massagers for neck and back pain represent are the best ones I tried. When choosing your ideal handheld massager, it’s important to consider all the factors in this review before choosing the one that’s right for you.
Latest posts by Anne Keiley (see all)
- 9 Best Inversion Tables for Back Pain (2021 Reviews) - December 22, 2020
- 4 Best Infrared Heating Pads for Back Pain (2021) - December 29, 2020
- 8 Best Infrared Light Therapy Home Devices & Lamps (Reviews) - December 29, 2020